|Type:|| Staff (Drakengard 2)|
Spear (Drakengard 3)
Eris's Spear is a weapon in Drakengard 2.
- Easy to use but with a limited reach.
- Valkyrie Claw: Blades of light arc through the air, slashing the enemy.
- Chapter 1, Verse 3 (Default Weapon).
- White Dance: The standard five-hit attack combination for all spears.
- Spirit Blast: A seven-hit attack combination in which Eris swings her spear in a figure-eight pattern and then in a vertical downward slash, blowing away enemies immediately in front of her.
- Heavenstrike: In this six-hit attack combination, Eris performs wide-sweeping attacks and slashes downward to crush the enemies around her, doing a great deal of damage.
- Mind Blast: A five-hit attack combination consisting of forward, piercing attacks and ending with a finishing blow that sends a shockwave hurling toward enemies in the distance.
Once, there was a man called the Iron Dragon of the Two Swords, famed for his dignity and countless acts of heroism. The owner of this spear was a female knight who trained him. Whether because of its uncommon quality or because it as a gift from Iron Dragon, she always left for battle with this spear in her hands.
During a mission she faced a terrible choice. Ordered to retreat, she stood between countless enemy troops, and a defenseless village. Ignoring her orders, she stayed and fought to death. The enemy paraded her violated remains, then burned the village to ash, while her former allies sullied her name with the charge of subordination.
When the Iron Dragon found out what had happened, he charged into enemy territory and retrieved his beloved mentor’s remains and her spear. Cradling her broken body in his arms, he swore to win back her good name, to become as noble a knight as she had been, and to raise knights who would give their lives to protect the people.
Eris inherited the spear, a memento of these two noble heroes.
One can only wonder about what she thinks and for whom she fights, but the fallen knights can rest in peace knowing that their magnanimity of spirit lives on in her.