The Seals are a key element in Drakengard and Drakengard 2, acting as the only thing that keeps the world from the brink of chaos. It is unknown how these seals are exactly made, except for the goddess seal. In the original game, there were only four. After the seals were destroyed and reestablished, there were six of them. The Seal system was, ironically, first established by the Cult of the Watchers.
In the original game, there were only four seals. Three of them were part of the world, while the last one was the goddess herself.
- The Forest of the Seal
- The Desert of the Seal
- The Ocean of the Seal
The Empire manages to destroy all the original seals and plunges the world into chaos.
After the seals were reestablished, there were six of them. In addition, each seal was an object and was bonded to a pact partner, known as a guardian. To destroy a seal, one would need to either destroy the object, or simply kill the Guardian.
- The Flame Dais - Located in the District of Soul Flame, protected by Zhangpo and his pact partner, the Ifrit.
- The Water Vial - Located in the District of Hallowed Water, protected by Hanch and her pact partner, Kelpie.
- The Holy Flowers - Located in the District of Shining Life, protected by Urick and his pact partner, the Grim Reaper. He left the Knights of the Seal, however.
- The Crystal - Located in the District of Precious Light, protected by Yaha and his pact partners, the Gnomes.
- The Holy Hourglass - Located in the District of Heavenly Time, proteced by Gismor and his pact partner, a shade.
- The Goddess - At the begining of the game, it is Angelus. At the end of branch A, Eris becomes the new goddess.
By the end of the game, all the seals are destroyed.